Thursday, June 10, 2010

War

I vomit rights, I dance like I'm deaf
I vote for death in rhyme
I grit the scales: there's war underneath
And blood drips in a democratic way

Cross-hairs and crosses on graves,
I shut out the smell of damask-tablecloths
I'm killing Jesus inside me, so opposition will decay
And blood flows in a conservative way

Pretend we're in an amusement park, it might be easier
Let's break the rocking-horse's forehead into a million colourful pieces
Let's count, who gets the last marble
And blood squirts in a liberal way

I clap on my knees, I scream a new god
My fist is scratching at the neck of cannons
My boots are a pamphlet: I take it all in, to the right!
And blood splutters in a dictatorial way

3 comments:

November said...

Holy shit, this was awesome.

zed said...

I'm glad you think so!

Alexia said...

Oh. My. God.
Amazing.