Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Jumble of thoughts

I keep thinking, how many of the people that I see on the street are truly happy. Of course, truly happy doesn't necessarily mean not having problems at all and everything being perfect in their lives. I believe problems and solving those problems is an essential part of true happiness. I see young couples holding hands, walking next to each other and they seem so distant, like they don't even know each other. One of them is listening to music, the other one is reading, they don't even look at each other, the fact that they are holding hands seems like it's just something they have gotten used to. They'd probably say they are happy if they were asked, but how much of that is true?
And the elderly? The old lady walking on the street, going to the market has to look at every price tag twice, there's a big difference between 1 euro and 1,50 euros.
Or the thirty, forty, fifty-somethings, who on their way home from work are thinking about whether they'll be able to buy their kids a birthday present. They say money doesn't buy happiness. Bullshit. I mean, sure, you need your friends, loves, your big life experiences, but what do you do with your friends and loves under the bridge, starving to death?
I get so sad when I see how some people have to live. It's so depressing to see sadness in every pair of eyes, in every movement.
Oh and the superficiality of people. It drives me mad. I'm sick of society, all the false smiles, the fake conversations. Why should we pretend to love everybody? If I have a problem with someone, I tell them. If I want to get to know someone better, I take a step toward that person. Shouldn't it all really be as simple as that?

No comments: