Friday, January 24, 2014

c'est parfait

This. This is what I consider a perfect Friday night. My head resting on his shoulders, he's working on his laptop, I'm writing on my phone. In the background, some movie is on, but neither of us are really paying any attention to it. Pomelo and wine on the floor by the bed, occasional glances at each other. Quiet time, his deep brown eyes, the feeling of not needing anything else but this very moment. No worries about what happens when he goes back to New Zealand, no unnecessary sentences, no fake smiles.

It's been a confusing week. I've been happy (even when I was sad), I've been crying a lot (but I didn't mind at all), I've been having the most amazing conversations (with the most random people), I've been falling madly in love (with a guy who is home for a very short two weeks and lives about 18000 kms away).

But yeah. To be honest, I feel fine. Open, silly, calm, happy, relaxed. And loved by quite a few amazing people.

No comments: