Saturday, July 10, 2010

Between loyalty and getting soaked

I was standing on the door-step between loyalty and getting soaked. Standing under the doorway to escape from the pouring rain, I was excited and contemplating the possible outcomes of the night ahead. I was thinking about the moment when the rein loosens in the hard grip. About the tense moment when forbidden turns to maybe. About the way two people, each in their own relationships, step on thin ice while holding hands.

- I've been going out with someone for years, I'm totally loyal. I have never cheated on my girlfriend, I'm just not able to get to that final point. Sure, I have hard-ons, I am a man after all, but when I have to choose between loyalty and disloyalty, I don't feel the need to step on the unknown path, honestly.

And then he continued:

- I'm being totally honest now, seriously.

By then I was absolutely sure he wasn't telling me the truth. If he isn't lying, then he is doubtful. If he is doubtful, then I'm just gonna have to make him sure of it.

- Lean closer to me. - he said a couple of hours later. - I said something. Even closer.

I leaned closer.

- And now I'm going to pay the bill and I'm going to take you somewhere. I'm going to tie your hands behind your back, have you ever tried anything like that? And then I'm going to put pins on your nipples and you're going to squeal in the cutest of ways. Not because you enjoy it, but because it's going to hurt, darling.

He leaned back self-righteously and with that movement he knocked over the glass full of champagne.

Fuck.

And here I was, excited about the fact that we were going to step on thin ice, try out everything from gripping to hitting. And suddenly, what am I faced with? This guy really is loyal.

Fuck fuck.

How do I come out as a dame from a situation in which I have to leave the other party thinking he still wants me?

Fuck fuck fuck.

- All right. Let's raise the stakes. Bye!

By fleeing forward. It's OK to run and it's even cuter when you do it in high heels.

And I'm crossing the street with a drunken look on my face, the tequila is working, I stayed loyal AND I got soaked. I said no, because I could feel that he didn't really want it. Thank god I didn't even have a chance to decide whether I wanted it or not.

- Hey! Just one more thing! ... - he runs after me, crossing the street. - Thanks for not making me cheat on my girlfriend.

And he knows.
And he says thanks.
I'm telling you, I was seriously touched.

No comments: