Monday, February 10, 2014

3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

She says she is ready for her new heart, and that it will suit her well, and once again, she writes not just for herself, but for me too.
I'm not in love with him anymore, but my throat still closes up when I see him. I go to sleep thinking of another boy now, but I know my heart is still broken.
I also know that the new Boy is a special one and that I am the luckiest girl alive. I couldn't have asked for a better person to tell me that it's OK to feel sad after 7 years of nothing but the Ex. And while I know he's right, I also know that I've been sad so many times and for so long because of the Ex, that I'm done with that. I choose to remember why I wouldn't trade those 7 years for all the money in the world. Coz I wouldn't, that's for sure. But I also wouldn't go back there. I am ready to understand myself without him, to understand myself by myself and to understand myself with someone else.
Ready, steady, go!

No comments: