Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Language of love

I think we don't tell each other enough times that we love the other. Or that we appreciate what they do.

I know, it's so cheesy that in movies people are constantly saying "I love you." or "I value your personality.", but what if that's actually a good thing? What if everyone actually needs that? What if we encouraged each other more often? What if we "loved" each other a little more?

I know myself. I need words. I need people who are important to me to support me.

I've always felt and known that my family loves and supports me, no matter what I decide to do next. But nowadays I spend most of my time with people who are not part of my family.

And I need exactly the amount of support at work and from my friends that I got from my family back in the day. I really don't think I'm the only person who feels this way ...

Not that I'm so good at this. I've been working on it for years. To always express what I feel, what I think, even if it seems irrelevant. I don't think it's been going too well, but I'm still trying.

Obviously, one has to be able to accept those kind words. I mean, if I tell someone that they rock my world, but they don't believe me or my words don't mean anything to them or they constantly reply to my compliments in a negative way ... well then, it seems like there is no need to say the words. But the truth is, these people are making it so much harder for themselves, not for me.

I say, "You look good today!", and they say, "Oh, so I don't usually look good?"
Sometimes I think we are hopeless.

So: Whoever you are, if you're reading this, I'm happy you are here. I'm happy for you, I think it's great that you take the time to read my words. Feel yourself at home, and please come again anytime! :-)

No comments: